When you were a child the holidays were a magical time. It was a time you had fun getting together with family, going shopping, and waking up Christmas morning excited for the surprises under the Christmas tree. But now that you’re an adult, getting together with family sounds stressful and going shopping for presents is a chore. But the holiday season doesn’t have to be just for kids. There are a lot of things you can do with your loved one to make the holidays magical for you two.
10 Grown-up Christmas Date Ideas
1. Decorate cookies. This is an easy one to do at home. Wait until the kids are in bed, turn on some music and make your cookies. Have fun decorating them the way YOU want. have a contest to see who decorates the best cookie.
2. Go on a horse drawn sleigh ride. When’s the last time you went on one? Have you ever? During the Christmas season there’s no shortage of these. You can usually find them at the mall, downtown, or at winter fests. Don’t forget the hot chocolate!
3. Go to an adult store. Christmas shopping is fun and all but it’s a LOT funner when it’s just you and your spouse. And it’s even funner when it’s to get something for just the two of you.
4. Go to your town’s winter festival. This is one that you normally do with your kids. But they’re A LOT more fun when it’s just you and your partner. Grab a babysitter and grab a bowl of chili while you’re there.
5. Take advantage of your company Christmas party. Instead of going to make an appearance and shmooz your boss, go with the intent to have time with each other.
6. Go window shopping. Malls are always decorated to the hilt with Christmas decor and the latest items. Instead of going to the mall trying to check items off your Christmas list, take your loved one and go window shopping. You don’t have to buy anything. It’s just fun to see all the neat stuff they have. And you might even get some gift ideas for each other along the way making finding gifts for each other a lot easier!
7. Name that Christmas tune. There’s no shortage of Holiday music on the radio, Pandora, Spotify, etc. Wait until the kids go to bed, snuggle up on the couch and turn on some tunes. See who can be the first one to name the tune AND the artist. Make some hot chocolate and popcorn and even play a board game while you wait for the next song to come on.
8. Write your holiday cards together. Okay, this one isn’t as fun or as romantic but it needs to get done. Instead of dragging it out, conquer it together. Get out the cards, get out the pens and turn on some music. Talk about memories of each person you’re sending the cards to and have a few laughs along the way.
9. Have a Christmas movie marathon. With services like Amazon, Netflix and Hulu, there’s no end to the Christmas movies you can find. Start with the classics like Charlie Brown’s Christmas Special and move to more modern ones like Elf.
10. Go ice skating. Just about every town has an ice rink near by. And if yours doesn’t there’s always artificial ice rinks popping up this time of year. Take your loved one and go ice skating. It’ll make you feel young again and you’ll finally be able to do a date you see in the movies.
The holidays are a magical time of year for children. But it can be magical for grown ups, too. Try any of these date ideas to bring a little extra fun and romance into your holidays. Not only will you have some fun dates but you’ll also make some memories along the way. And there’s nothing funner than making new memories during the holidays.