Everyone knows Valentine’s day is for lovers. But a lot of people start sweating when Valentine’s day gets close because they don’t know what to do (or get) for their lover that shows how much their lover means to them. Well, what kind of relationship expert would I be if I didn’t have some ideas for how to show your lover you love them for Valentine’s day?
Below is a list of seven things you can do to say you love them. Stay Tuned because seven more will be coming next week:
Valentine’s Gift Ideas For Your Lover
1) Load up their iPod with love songs. Set it to play on their alarm clock when they wake up in the morning every day until Valentine’s day.
2) Leave a love note in their lunch box or on their steering wheel.Lipstick or soap on the mirror is fun too, but a little harder to clean off.
3) Send fourteen reasons you love your lover via text:Send one every hour or send one ever once in a while throughout their work day. They’ll feel flattered that you’re taking the time to do it. And they’ll love what you come up with
4) Not all ways to say ‘I love you’ are G-rated. Nor should they be. There are some things you do with your lover that you don’t do with anyone else. Pick some of their favorite R rated things and do one each day until Valentine’s day.
5) Give a massage.You might think this one’s cliche’ but I’ve never met anyone who has complained about a massage just because it’s cliche’. Don’t forget to get some oils and a massage vibrator to make it even better. Any oils from Crabtree-Evelyn.com would work. I recommend the Jojoba Oil . It’s a massage oil and a bath conditioner so they can use it when you’re not around and remember you.
6) Do their worst chores for them. Everyone has chores they hate: doing laundry, washing the car, etc. Pick one chore that your spouse likes least and do it for them.
7) Chocolates. This is another one that sounds cliche. But again, no one’s ever complained about getting chocolates. So feel free to be cliche’. But don’t just get the chocolates for the big day. Get them a few days before for them to enjoy. Pretty much anything from chocolate.com is good. And try Godiva Valentine’s Gift Bag from Kohl’s (pictured below).
Remember, chocolate is a natural aphrodisiac for both men and women so you can both enjoy the gift.
There’s plenty of other advice out there that might work for you. Do a simple web search and have a look. Be sure to come back tomorrow for the rest of the tips.
About the Author
Aaron Anderson is a therapist and Director of The Marriage and Family Clinic in Denver, CO. He is a writer, speaker and relationship expert. He specializes in helping couples overcome stale relationships, sexual difficulties and infidelity. In his spare time (whatever that is) you’ll catch him restoring his hot rod or coaching his children’s soccer games.
Dear Aaron & Rachel As if Valentine’s Day isn’t hard enough, it’s on a Tuesday this year! Any ideas of what a person can do for Valentine’s Day? I’d love to guy a guy and gal’s opinion on what to do. Sincerely, Lost on Valentine’s Day She Said Ah, Valentine’s Day. As a matchmaker &… Continue Reading
Can Valentine’s Day be more than just a jaded Hallmark holiday? At some point, we all get tired of trying to come up with ideas, finding the perfect card or jewelry, or making last minute dinner reservations. Cards, flowers, and dinner are great ideas, and here are a few more and less ways to make… Continue Reading
Valentine’s Day is once again upon us! Some of you reading may be anticipating the day with joy; others regarding the day as something only the devil must have created; while others are saying to themselves “oh crap…that’s this Saturday”!!! Cards, flowers and chocolate seem to be the intention of how love is expressed on… Continue Reading
So, you made it through Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve solo and you only have one more holiday to go until you’re in the clear. Only Valentine’s Day has a way of making the most confident single gals – or guys – question their relationship status. As commercialized, Valentine’s Day is that one-day… Continue Reading
If you’re like most couples, you’re pretty busy. Between his job and hers, each others’ family, and your hobbies there’s little time for yourselves. And if you have kids forget about any time to yourself. Your time is now completely consumed by a chauffeuring, last minute homework projects and making sure they don’t forget their… Continue Reading
You’d better not be excited about Valentines day! Can you imagine the backlash from single coworkers, or the Facebook messages you’d get if people knew you were looking forward to putting sincere thought and effort into a holiday contrived by corporations hellbent on forcing us to spend money on overpriced crap that we don’t even… Continue Reading
Valentine’s Day is a great holiday for couples to celebrate all of the things you love about each other. There’s nothing funner than to celebrate the love you share between one another and all the great things you share in your relationship. But Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to just be for lovers. Valentine’s Day is… Continue Reading
Dear Rachel & Aaron, I have been dating my boyfriend for about a year and a half. For the most part, things have been alright. But for about the last 6 months I haven’t really been feeling anything for him. We still get along just fine but there’s not a lot of love or excitement… Continue Reading
Hooray for Valentine’s Day!I hope you’re doing something fun and exciting to celebrate it. Valentine’s Day is a celebration of love, romance, and everything that marriage and relationships stand for. Whether you’re a parent, a spouse, a lover or child you visit websites like this so you can keep your savvy on all your relationships.… Continue Reading