As humans, most of us are creatures of habit. While this is great for meeting the daily demands of our busy schedule, routine in the bedroom can create a sexual rut between you and your partner. Look, no one – I mean no one – wants to know exactly what his or her partner is going to do next in the bedroom. So, if you can rattle off your sexual routine, it’s time to spice things up. Read on for tips on how to break out of that boring, habitual sequence and add a little more sizzle between the sheets.
6 Ways to Spice up the Bedroom
1) Don’t Forget the Foreplay. Guys, by now most of you have figured out that it takes a woman longer to reach her moment of bliss than you. However, even with this information, foreplay seems to be given about as much time and energy as scheduling your next colonoscopy. Remember, sex is a marathon, not a sprint. If you want your lady to orgasm, give her a little extra time and attention. Kiss her, hug her, and stimulate her erogenous zones. Ladies, foreplay is everyone’s job, a little oral stimulation shouldn’t be reserved for special occasions.
2) Put on a Show. Does your partner have a fantasy of you dressed in lingerie or some other sexy outfit? Give him or her what she wants! Send the kids to the neighbor’s and cook dinner in the nude or in some sexy lingerie that will simulate the visual senses. Men’s and women’s outfits, and accessories get your creative juices flowing. Your goal is to make sure your partner cannot take his or her eyes off you.
3) Role-play. Play out his or her fantasy. Start small if you are feeling uncomfortable with your partner’s request. Remember to pay attention to your sexual boundaries and only engage in acts you are comfortable with. If you are not into dominating him or indulging in her fantasy, do not push yourself out of your comfort zone. Talk about your fantasy, answer questions, establish boundaries, and then have some fun.
4) Take It Out of the Bedroom. If you always have sex in the bed, try it against the wall, a chair in Sex should be fun. It’s okay to mix up the environment and get a little action in the shower or on the living room floor. If you are worried about the children, you can stick to the bedroom but try to mix it up.
the bedroom, or the kitchen counter.
5) Bring in Props. To bring a little extra spice to your sexual rendezvous, introduce handcuffs, scarves, whips, or vibrators. How you and your partner decide to play with these toys is completely up to you, but remember to do it in a way that feels safe for both of you. These little teasers will definitely heighten your sexual encounter.
6) Have a Little Dessert. At the end of a normal day, bring some whipped cream and chocolate sauce into the bedroom and lick it off your partner. For some added fun, give your partner full control of spraying the cream or drizzling the chocolate on his or her own body and instructing you where to lick. If you’re not into the idea of the mess or additional calories before bed, run ice cubes up and down your partner’s body and lick off the water. The combination of cold and hot is sure to intensify the experience.
As one of my best friends so delicately put it, life’s too short for boring sex. If you are just going through the motions, remember the kitchen isn’t the only place there should be a little sizzle. To switch things up, try one or all of these tips. Just remember, if you are feeling uncomfortable, take things slow and communicate with your partner. This should be a fun experience for both of you!